More Shenanigans in HB1346:
- All gun dealers will have to card anyone who looks like they could be under 21 buying ammunition.
- All gun dealers will now be required to post a warning sign and hand out pamphlets developed by the Department of Health that warn of the adverse health effects and risks of lead exposure arising from the use of lead ammunition.
Hold onto your lunch, because then there's HB1319:
- Removes state preemption on firearms laws, allowing any city or town to just pass whatever silly restrictions it likes.
- Expands the definition of "weapon" to include any of the following:
- a slingshot
- a club (definition left open to interpretation)
- a knife
- brass knuckles
- It makes it illegal to carry a weapon into any of these places:
- any jail
- any police station
- any courthouse
- any mental health facility
- any marijuana or liquor store
- any airport areas beyond the checkpoint
- Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities would now be allowed enact laws and ordinances by any of these means:
- Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their towns or city where people could possibly ever be hurt (so, anywhere)
- Restricting firearms at any municipal gathering of any kind, even if privately run if the venue is publicly owned
- Zoning out of existence all firearms retailers. The wording suggests that it only applies to school zones, but our closer examination led us to believe it could easily apply anywhere due to poor wording.
Any person violating HB1319 would be guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
Police are exempt of course, as well as a few other enumerated exemptions listed in the bill.
The hearing on these bills will be at the O'Brien Building at 504 15th Ave SW in Olympia at 7:00 am on February 1st.
This Reddit post has more information and advice on how to best represent the pro-Second Amendment side.